As a Spiritual Mentor, I guide women who have a fierce desire to find their purpose so that they can find direction in their life. I help you work through the losses you haven't grieved so that you have the energy to create the life you want. All my work honors the human and the divine in you.
You know there's a deeper purpose to your life but you're struggling to find it.
I think of the work I do as "soul therapy" which is deeply rooted in knowing you are divine and seeing you as a real human struggling through the challenges of living this human life. There's nothing wrong with you. We're here to make mistakes, fail, learn, and evolve. I believe that our human self + our soul self = wholeness.
Hi, I’m Uma
My 68-year-old mother died from cancer in January 2009, plunging me into a black hole of despair.
When I think about how my mother lived her life and how it all ended, I wish I'd known how to help her. Her cancer was the culmination of a lifetime of trying to please and take care of others, giving her power away, and letting her voice be silenced.
She would wring her hands in sheer desperation, but she didn't know how to say No. She shrank herself so that others could feel more comfortable. She had trouble asserting herself.
The word Boundary didn't even exist in her vocabulary. She was a beautiful human and a caring soul who sacrificed and abandoned herself -- until we all lost her.
I couldn't help my mother find a better way, one that worked for her, but I can do that for you.
Do you see yourself in these patterns?
- Do you feel the need to take care of everyone before you can allow yourself to be happy?
- Do you constantly worry about what others think of you?
- Do you stay silent because speaking your truth feels too risky?
- Do you feel that you should be "helping" but are too overwhelmed by the world's pain?
- Do you depend on others' approval to feel that you're enough?
- Do you live in constant fear of offending other people?
- Do you feel like a constant failure and mistake?
Do you often say "I just wish I knew my purpose!?"
Everyone wants to know what their purpose is. What they're here to do. What their calling is.
To know your purpose, you have to know YOU. What are your values? What do you care about? What keeps you up at 3 A.M.?
Your purpose is the fullest, most authentic expression of YOU.
But you can't live your purpose if you're hiding your true self; if the world is meeting your carefully constructed and disguised self.
What stands between you and your purpose
- You want to write that book BUT your nervous system can't handle you telling the truth about your abusive childhood.
- You want to work with animals BUT you're afraid to disappoint your parents who sent you to college to become an engineer.
- You want to create art BUT are terrified to let go of the six-figure corporate salary.
- You want to embrace a slow, mindful, and intentional life BUT your worthiness comes from how hard you work.
- You dream of sharing inspirational stories from your life experiences BUT you're afraid of being visible.
- You want so much to help heal the world's pain BUT you just want to run and hide because of your sensitivities.
You are worthy of finding and living your purpose -- no matter what you've lived through in your past.
You have to Live As You before you live your Purpose
If you're exhausted living a life that does not feel like you, and are ready to learn who you are and what matters to you, we can begin a conversation. Do email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Podcast Episodes Featuring Uma Girish
Hay House Radio with
Hay House Radio with
Good Grief with
Death By Design with
Kimberly C. Paul
Before The Afterlife
with Suzanne Falter