People often ask me what the 7 chakras have to do with healing from loss.
The 7 chakras are the seven energy centers that direct the flow of energy in our body. Each chakra has a specific color and is associated with a specific organ and impacts its functioning.
Blocked chakras lead to blocked energies. For example, the bladder is likely to be affected if you have a blocked second chakra (sacral). Thyroid gland and throat issues could be due to a blocked fifth chakra (throat).
Here’s a basic overview of the 7 chakras:
- Root chakra located at the base of the spine relates to stability, safety, and money issues
- Sacral chakra located two inches below the navel relates to emotions, sensuality, and creativity
- Solar plexus chakra located below the rib cage is about self-esteem, self-confidence, and personal power
- Heart chakra located in the middle of the chest relates to unconditional love, passions, and purpose
- Throat chakra located in the throat has to do with expression and communication
- Third-eye chakra located in the spot between the two eyebrows is about intuition, imagination, and vision
- Crown chakra which is at the top of the head is about our connection to the Divine
When someone we love dies, or we’re let go from a job, or we’re trying to end a relationship that isn’t working, our root chakra is impacted. It brings up all our safety issues.
- Will I be alone for the rest of my life?
- Will I be able to pay the bills?
- How do I survive in such a dangerous world?
Just as the foundation of a home is its most important part and determines the strength of the structure, a balanced root chakra helps us feel more stable and safe in the world.
When we grow up in a family where it’s not okay to feel our feelings, our sacral chakra is impacted. We struggle with emotional issues.
- If I cry, people will think I’m a weakling
- Be tough or others will take advantage of you
- I’m always grateful for what I have and don’t allow myself to “feel”
When we’re always trying to please others and take care of them to the detriment of our own self-care, our solar plexus chakra is impacted. We don’t know how to speak our truth because we always need others to make us feel worthy.
- I have to take care of everyone else’s needs or I won’t have value
- I’m scared to disappoint my family and friends
- I don’t want to get into a conflict because it stresses me out
A mistake too many people make is that they try to figure out their life purpose (heart chakra) before the 3 lower chakra issues have been healed.
If you’re feeling unsafe, won’t give yourself permission to feel your feelings, and are feeling overwhelmed by all the advice people are throwing at you (You need to get out more often; let’s go shopping to cheer you up; why aren’t you dating yet?!!), you can’t think about your life purpose.
You can’t speak confidently about your gifts and charge for your services. You won’t be in the best place to create your vision using your intuition and imagination, with guidance from the Divine.
It’s important to heal the issues of the 3 lower chakras before you do the work of the 4 higher chakras.
This is exactly why I created The 7-Chakra Pathway from Loss to Life Purpose. I invite you to read more about it.