Thank you for being such a valued member of my community. I’m so very grateful for you. You have allowed me space in your inbox, a privilege I don’t take lightly. I hope I have served my intention of showing you ways to let go of the stresses in your life, make peace with your pain, and find your way back to joy.
As you get ready to say goodbye to another year, I leave you with one last exercise. Personally, I’ve found this to be a useful exercise, because we must bless and release before we can open to receive something new.
Here’s how to do it.
1. Bring with you three sheets of paper and pen as you get ready to make three lists.
2. Sit down and close your eyes as you breathe and center.
3. State an intention of gratitude before you begin to make the first list.
4. List one is everything good that came to you this year. There’s no need to aim for any particular order. Write as these events, people, places, and opportunities pop into your mind.
5. Whenever you feel ready, hold this sheet of paper close to your heart and “feel” the gratitude.
6. Next, write down list number 2 on the second sheet of paper. This is everything that didn’t go your way: lost opportunities, losses you suffered, health and money challenges, unexpected surprises that brought you frustration…let it all pour out of you.
7. Read through this list before you make list three. This is a list of all the lessons that came to you, from the experiences you call “negative.”
8.Hold this list close to your heart and bless it.
9. You can burn list number two if you choose to, but hold on to lists 1 and 3.
I’m sending you warmest wishes for an easy and safe holiday season. May 2019 bring you abundant blessings.
See you in the new year!