GUILT. It’s like lugging a horrible, heavy monster everywhere you go. There’s no relief, no letting up, no days off. It colors everything you think, do, and say.
In short, guilt causes so much suffering. And it’s hard not to feel it because it’s built into us. Guilt is our moral compass. It’s a good thing we have the ability to feel it. But the problem gets out of hand when we begin to judge our actions and punish ourselves. We think of ourselves as ‘bad’ or ‘shameful’ or ‘not deserving of anything good.’
Does any of this sound familiar?
I wish I’d visited my mom more often before she died.
If I’d known that was the last conversation we would have, I’d have said “I love you” one last time.
Maybe I should’ve got one more medical opinion.
I wish I’d done a better job of caring for my husband.
You beat yourself up endlessly for all the coulda, shoulda, woulda. And you’re spending the rest of your life feeling like a terrible person for all your mistakes and failures.
- angry for the choices you made
- bad about the choices you didn’t make
- like it was all your fault
- ashamed, alone, and sad
This is exactly why I created Give Up Guilt, Grow Through Grace a 6-week teleclass beginning Nov. 8. This experience will take you from feeling like the world’s worst mistake to understanding the choices you made with compassion and self-care.
In this 6-week teleclass, you will:
- understand the difference between guilt and regret so that you can catch yourself when it happens
- learn how healthy guilt and unhealthy guilt feel so that you know how to listen to one and ignore the other
- how to minimize guilt so that you have more balance and joy and energy your life
- forgive yourself for what you did and what you didn’t do so that peace returns to your life
Don’t waste another moment wallowing in all of the lies that your mind is telling you because you did or didn’t do something; you didn’t say or said something.
If you’re ready to let go of this baggage you’ve been lugging around, what better time than the last quarter of 2018? It gives you the opportunity to make a fresh start in 2019. A clean slate, a new beginning, a new YOU.
Questions? Email me at email@example.com